1. Grab a Yoga Mat/ Blanket and go and do Yoga in the park. It will get your blood running , and your creative juice flowing. It's also tremendously good for you !
2. Take a bubble bath. If you're feeling particularly daring , where a crazy headpiece whilst in the bath , such as one of these antler headpieces , which you can buy on Etsy.
3. Reinvent your wardrobe by turning old clothes in to new ones. Sort through your wardobe , and chuck any clothes that don't fit , never suited you , don't hang right , never wear etc. in to a pile. Then slash, slice , and add to them in the most creative way possible. If you don't have a sewing machine , you could always try handsewing , or even invent a new way to join fabric ! ( You can also buy some good sewing machines here. My favourite is the Brother Innov- IS- I , if only I had that much disposable income ! )
4. Buy some new rings . I ADORE rings , they are an instant way to add excitement to your hands . I have a collection of candy coloured jewel rings , you can buy some beautiful ones at http://www.accessorize.com/.
5. Buy a pair of ridiculously high heels , and try and walk in them. I'm thinking Alexander McQueen Armadillo height? This is always amusing , but please be careful , and try not to break your ankle.
6. Talk to strangers. I know your parents always told you not to , but it is really fun and a great way to boost your confidence. Even if it is just a simple 'Good Morning' , or 'Hello' , it is a great way to increase self-esteem and charisma. You can also find out a lot of interesting information about people. And you never know , you could make some important contacts for a future job , or simply make a new friend. Go try it. Now.
7. Dance in public. This is another good self-esteem booster, although it is a little embarrasing at first. Don't worry if you have two left feet ( I have five) , just give it a go . No one cares if you look stupid , and if they do , that's their problem , not yours.
8. Go to your local library and see if they have a summer reading list. If they do , read it , or at least part of it. if they don't , ask the librarian for his/her personal reccomendations , more often than not you'll find an excellent book that you'll fall in love with. Reading is a great way to cure boredom , and expand
'Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.'
9. Try new foods. One thing that a lot of people like to do when they are bored? Eat. Everyone ( most people anyway) enjoy eating. So why not try some new foods?
10. Buy a hula hoop and use it. Hula hoops are INSANELY fun , although that may be the child in me speaking. They are also a fantastic exercise , and many celebrities use hula hoops to stay and shape.
11. Experiment with make up. This usually provides humorous results. Try out new combinations of lipliner and lipstick , eyeshadows etc. You could even go completely nuts and use lipstick and eyeshadow/eyeliner to paint your face like a clown. I did this once , scared the socks of my little sister !
12. Buy a face painting set . This is similar to the last one , but you have more choice. Will you be a tiger? A butterfly? The choice is yours.
13. Bake cupcakes and deliver them to your friends houses. This not only puts a smile on your face , but a smile on theirs as well. You may find that the more you do this , the more popular you become. Like I said before , people like eating .
14. Do a different piece of nail art on each nail. I LOVE doing this. It's really fun and good for inspiration and creativity. It really pushes you to use your imagination in a fun way. It's also a lot cheaper than having it done professionally.
15. Buy a pair of oversized sunglasses and walk around town in them. Pair them with a large pout and a small dog in your handbag .People give you strange looks , which just adds to the fun of it.
16. Take a belly-dancing class. They are great funny , really fun , and great exercise. I did one last year at school and had a blast. Added Bonus : You get to wear one of those awesome jingly skirts !
17. Make lemonade. Nothing better than a cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade on a hot summers day. Here's a good recipe :
Perfect Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
Method1 Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
2 While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
3 Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
Serve with ice, sliced lemons.
Yield: Serves 6.
Source : www.simplyrecipes.com
You can also find a delicous recipe for peach lemonade here.
18 : Have a movie marathon with a friend .
19. Make a Mood Board of clothes that inspire you and hang it by your wardrobe. Refer to it everytime you need a bit of style inspiration.
20. Go on Google Translate , and then click english to english. Type in rude words and press the sound button so you can hear the lady say them. It's hilarious. Yes , I am easily amused.
21 . Eat sour skittles. They taste splendiforous and are a great snack to eat whilst brainstorming creative ideas .
22. Go on a trampoline. It might be yours , a friends , or a local gyms. I guarantee you will have fun. Added Bonus : You burn trillions of calories.
23. Arrange a water fight. I don't reccomend this in winter , but in summer it is a lot of fun. Invite loads of people to make it more interesting.
24. Have a Tea Party. I Love, Love LOVE Tea-parties. They are brillaint fun and allow you to be really creative as you can decorate in the most imaginative and artistic way. They also improve your baking skills ( if you bake the food) , and your social skills ( good for gaining confidence). I will be writing a more detailed article dedicated to tea-parties soon , so watch out for it.
25. Cloud watch. Some find this boring , I find it very relaxing. Added bonus : you increase your imagination by coming up with wacky ideas for each cloud shape.
26. Get up to watch the sunrise. This doesn't really cure boredom , but it is isnpiring , and very , very beautiful.
27. Skip stones at a lake. There is nothing better than watching your stone bouncing 4 or 5 times on the water before making the satisfying 'plop' sound as it dissappears in to the lake. Like I said , I'm easily amused.
28. Write a story. It doesn't have to be long. It can be about whatever you like. Just write one. I spent practically my whole childhood sat in trees ( Hence the name ' The Girl In The Tree' , I was called that on several occasions.) , writing stories about numerous things. They are a great way to get your emotions out , and to increase your creativity.
29. Design your own shoes on Shoes of Prey . They will be custom made by hand , and sent to you. Brilliant ! <3
30. Go Paintballing. I went paintballing for the first time two weeks ago and had the time of my life. It is brilliant fun , uses your logic, imagination , innovation , tactical and problem solving skills , and is a great bonding experience. And despite what people say , it really isn't that painful. I was expecting it to be horribly , shockingly , absurdly painful , and was anticipating hundreds of big , ugly bruises. In reality , it stung for a couple of seconds like being flicked with an elastic band , and then went away. And I only got two small bruises which had faded within two days of my paintballing adventure. Try it , don't be scared.
Peace , Love and Homemade Jam
☮ ♥ ♫ :)
PS : I might not post for a while as I am off on a magical adventure to Lefkada for two weeks. Enjoy your summer !
Lefkada !!! ☮ ♥ ♫ :)